In this video we give you one of our FAVORITE whole food recipes for marathon training nutrition. A great alternative to all of those gel packets and bloks, whose ingredients you probably feel uncertain about.
This recipe comes from our good friends at:
Kirk’s Rice Cake Recipe:
• 1 cup uncooked sushi rice
• 3 scrambled eggs
• 4 strips bacon
• 2 tbsp Liquid Aminos
• 4 tbsp Maple Syrup
• 3 spoonfuls cashew butter (or any nut butter you want)
• Soak rice in cold water for 30 minutes before cooking.
• Add 1.5 cup water to rice and cook until soft and sticky.
• While rice is cooking, cook bacon to whatever crispiness you like.
• Scramble and cook 3 eggs.
• Once rice is done, combine all the ingredients in large bowl.
• Pack into square of desired size, wrap in wax paper and then tin foil.
Connect With Us For More Great Training!
Check out our full training plans: